Thank you for renting with EXPERT Property Management. We hope you have been satisfied with your rental home, and hope that you have a stress free and easy move out. Please contact our office if you need any assistance or have any questions about the move out process.
Below you will find the required steps and useful information pertaining to your move out process.
- EXPERTS Property Management must be notified in writing of your intent to vacate the property, at least 30 days before you plan on moving out. Refer to your lease for exact notice requirements. Complete “Notice to vacate “form.
- All utilities must remain on, in your name, for 5 business days after the end of your lease date, regardless of your actual vacate date. If utilities are not left on, a reconnection fee will be charged to your account along with any actual utility cost incurred during the 5- day period.
- Garage and alarm remotes should be left in the kitchen, on the counter at move out. Keys should be returned to the EXPERT Property Management.
- You have not officially moved out until you surrender the property to EXPERT Property Management. Surrendering the property requires that all house and mailbox keys are returned. You may:
- Drop off keys at our office, located at 4110 S. Florida Ave Suite 110, Lakeland, FL 33813. They can be dropped through the back drop box after hours and over the weekend. Make sure keys are inside an envelope and marked before dropping them in the slot.
- Request a lockbox to be installed at your house and place your keys in the lockbox upon departure.
- Walk-throughs are not completed with departing tenants. We will complete our inspections as soon as you have surrendered the property. Tenants will not be allowed back into the home for any reason after vacating, so please ensure that you have fully completed all move-out cleaning and maintenance prior to vacating home.
- All property and trash must be removed from the property before you surrender it. Large item or bulk pick up should be arranged through garbage provider for items placed at street. Additional charges may be assessed for trash hauling.
- Upon surrender of the property, the following should be completed at the house:
- Home cleaned to the standard outlined by the “move out checklist”.
- Carpets professionally cleaned – receipt should be left on kitchen counter or e-mailed to office. Personal or rented carpet shampoo machines will not be acceptable.
- Lawn should be mowed, all bushes and shrubs should be trimmed, and flowerbeds should be weeded.
- A/C Filter should be replaced and all light bulbs should be in working condition.
- Replace any non-working blinds, stove drip pans, smoke detectors/batteries, broken or missing door stops, and drain stoppers.
- Any rooms painted without authorization, or under condition of being returned to the original color, should be repainted back to the original color. Walls should be free of major scuffs and gouges; nails should be removed from the wall.
DO NOT PUTTY OR PATCH NAIL/SCREW HOLES UNLESS YOU INTEND TO PAINT THE ENTIRE WALL.
Your security deposit will be returned to you within 30 days after you surrender the property to your last known address. Please make sure we have your forwarding address for quicker claim processing and receipt.
Your deposit will be handled in one of 3 ways:
- Full Refund of Deposit
- Partial Refund of Deposit – Invoices and a detailed statement will be included listing any deductions and/or charges.
- No Refund of Deposit and/or a Bill for Damages – Invoices and a detailed statement will be included listing any deductions and/or charges.
If you receive a bill, the balance must be paid within 30 days of receiving the bill.
If Tenant wishes to stay longer than specified on the 30-Day Notice to vacate form, tenant must first call our office to see if this extension is acceptable. If the extension is acceptable, tenant must complete a new Notice to vacate form to show the new move out date. Tenant will be responsible for all rent to the new date. If tenant requests an extension, but vacates earlier than expected, tenant is still responsible for rent up to the date shown on the Notice to vacate form.
If tenant vacates prior to the 30th day of the notice to vacate, tenant should notify EXPERT Property Management and turn in all keys. Tenant is still responsible for rent until the last day of the calendar month. EXPERT Property Management will attempt to prepare the unit for new tenants as quickly as possible and if new tenants are selected prior to the last calendar day of the month, pro-rated rent shall be given with the refund of the Security Deposit, if applicable.
Please hire a professional cleaning service to handle the cleaning of the home upon your departure. EXPERTS Property management is happy to refer you to a company if needed. Please understand that we rarely see homes cleaned by the tenant that meet our expectations. Even if only a few small items are missed during a cleaning, a cleaning company still must be called out and Tenants will be responsible for billing.
If a receipt is not provided with the key turn in, Carpet cleaning is automatically performed after a tenant vacates the property with an EXPERT Property Management approved contractor and the cost is automatically deducted from the security deposit paid upon move in.
Light Bulbs, Smoke Detectors, ETC
Tenant is responsible for maintaining all smoke detectors during occupancy. Tenant is responsible for replacing all expired/missing light bulbs, smoke detector batteries, appliance light bulbs, and furnace filters upon their move out. The cost to replace them will be at the tenant’s expense.